And Inspite of Every Turn.........

we'll be just fine, we'll be all right

Friday, May 05, 2006

An attempt to tip the scales

It seems my life is off balance and for some time and even more so now. When did it begin? It's hard to say, perhaps it happened many years ago when I learned studying was an escape from the world around me. Now it is work that occupies my mind and time. My life has become more and more about work, and worse now. I begin my day at school at 6:30am. The school holds up till 2:45pm, at which time I begin teaching a homebound student. I do that until 4:45pm then head to my job at the tutoring center till 7:30pm. I never get an actual break. My lunch is spent with my students. My planning period is spent working. And since it is IEP season home has transformed into work. The floor is now a desk with folders laid out waiting to be assessed and stamped with a sticky note listing what contents are missing. I will make a list of the things I am lacking.... then think, what am I lacking?

I am missing something to balance the scale. Work has tilted me down so far I am underground. What am I missing? In short, everything

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home