And Inspite of Every Turn.........

we'll be just fine, we'll be all right

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sushi and Waffles

Maybe my new hobby is cooking. It certainly seems that way after this weekend. Saturday night Erick and I made sushi (not technically cooking, but along the lines). He was asleep while I made the rice, but he helped roll it.

We went to the Asian Market earlier in the day. It was a fun adventure complete with Ramune! We got a case of the stuff. We located all the items we needed, with some help. I was blind and could not see the mirin mixed in with the rice vinegar.

I made the rice and worried that it was too sticky, but Erick said it was great. We made Ebi Maki (a shrimp roll). I've never used my sushi maker so we weren't sure how it worked (the directions were in Japanese!). Erick figured it out. Our rolls looked good, a little on the fat side, but they tasted great.

We used the sushi set his parents gave me for Christmas. It was a nice looking dinner. I was impressed at how well we did. We drank Ramune instead of green tea. Erick is not a fan of green tea, and I was too lazy to make some for myself.

This morning I made waffles. I bought a waffle iron. I figured that would be a good idea since my pancakes come out looking bad. When I make pancakes they taste good, but the shape is all wrong. I figured the waffle iron would make the presentation of the food better. I was right. :) Go me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home