And Inspite of Every Turn.........

we'll be just fine, we'll be all right

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Like some 1950s house wife

Well, well, well this holiday has come and gone. It has been a rough month. I've been in a down cycle throughout the whole month. Driving by myself across country didn't help my mood either.

It's our second Christmas without my father. It helps that my mother moved into a new place, but it is still difficult. I have had a hard time being here because being here reminds me that my father is no longer alive. It's easy to forget what happened when I am 2000 miles away. My grandmother is now in the hospital and doesn't seem to be doing ok. At least I know if she dies my last words to her were not words urging her on to her death. I know my father was going to die no matter what; and I know that in someway what I said gave him permission to leave this world and the pain he was in, but still.....

Just the same the holiday was good. I got a sewing machine, which makes me very happy. We got some patterns and fabric today. I also got some cooking stuff including the cookbook I wanted, 100 Ways to be Pasta. My mom threw in a pasta maker too. I will happily spend the new year sewing and cooking. Please come on by for a dinner party.

Gee, I sound like some 1950s house wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home