And Inspite of Every Turn.........

we'll be just fine, we'll be all right

Monday, June 20, 2005

I'm wide awake it's morning

The Eastern seaboard is waking up, the sun rising as a reminder there is work to do. I am already up and watching the last few moments of slumber fade to the West. I felt like my mother, wrapped in memories of her. When I was a little girl she would sit out on the porch with her coffee, reading the paper. When we moved to Arizona, she would sit out on the patio with her coffee, reading the paper.
I sat in the awakening of the world on the balcony with my chai tea and a book. Have I ever been awake at this time when there was no urgency to be off somewhere, be it work or classes? I owe it to the terrible night I had.
I had a headache most of yesterday. By 9pm it had turned into a migrane pounding viciously in my brain. I drew a hot bath and sat there in the dark. I let the warm water envelop me. I took my medicine (the stuff that knocks me out) thinking it would provide a relief from the pain. It didn't occur this way. As I finally drifted off, my phone rang. It was my father. I told him I have a migrane. I tried to listen to the best of my ability to his garbled voice (since the throat cancer his speech has become rough). I drifted off again. At 3am I stirred, my head screaming on the inside. I knew I needed to get something for it. Was WalMart open? It took me half an hour to get up and in my car. I felt weak and nauseous. As I drove I had to pull over and throw up - yum! I made it to the store, getting juice and advil. I downed 2 pills right there. I made it home without throwing up again. I crawled into bed with some saltines, juice and advil. I woke up this morning feeling rested and headache free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home