And Inspite of Every Turn.........

we'll be just fine, we'll be all right

Monday, May 30, 2005

Out Of Touch

Sitting on my bed staring at the computer I come to another realization (I am full of them). My buddy list contains a dozen names of people I never talk to anymore. These people I used to see on a regular basis. How easy it is to fall out of touch with friends. What is it that enables us to discard the familiar? Is it distance? Is it the fact that you are never with this person anymore that makes it easy to forget them? In this world where keeping in touch is a mere click of a button away, why do we let friendships go?

Is that I have grown up and grown older than my once upon a time friends? Is it that now I have a job, my own place that draws me away from the lives of my college student counterparts?

I talked to Veronica today. I can't remember the last time I talked to her. I recently emailed an old friend just to check up on them. We talked online one day and then stopped after a week. I guess it is too much to try to make up for years of distance.

But distance can't be the only factor. I have been friends with the same girl since 2nd grade. She lives in Chicago and I have moved back and forth across the country. We still talk, we still write. I saw her for the first time since 2nd grade Christmas of 04. I guess some bonds are meant to be broken. If two people are really friends, they'll hang on to each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home