And Inspite of Every Turn.........

we'll be just fine, we'll be all right

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Viva Las Vegas

Back from Vegas, wow that was an interesting trip.
It started off semi early last Thursday morning. THe flight over wasn't so bad until we were ready to depart for Vegas from Houston. We were stuck onthe plan for 2 hours before we took off. Airlines seem to be the only company we willingly allow to take advantage of us. We pay out the ass for tickets for an overbooked flight where we only get a small drink and a rinky dink bag of pretzels as a thanks. These people can make you wait, deny you a trip at the time you paid for, and give you nothing in return. No drinks or snacks were passed out as we waited two hours before taxi-ing, though we all got those cheap headsets they sell for $5 for free to watch a really shitty movie with bad sound quality, and of course something was wrong with out screen. It pisses me off how we accept this shitty treatment from airlines.

Just the same we got to Vegas two hours late. Marshall and I got a taxi to our hotel, the StarDust. We relaxed then got picked up by my Aunt Pat and taken to my parents' hotel room. My mum, as usual, cried when she saw me. We then went out to dinner at the Excalibur. We saw my sister, Ryan, and Katrina back at Mum's hotel. Pru and Katrina had both gained some weight since I last saw them. Then Ryan, Pru, Katrina, Marsh and I went back to our hotel for a few drinks. My sister was her usual dramatic self, a tad bichy and hostile.

Friday we explored Vegas and did some of the fun stuff. We went to the top of the Eifle Tower at Paris. The tower is 1/2 the size of the real one. From the top we could see all of Vegas. It was interesting watching the Bellagio water fountain show from the top. We also watched one of the shows up close and personal, of course it had to be a song I hate. Of the hundreds of songs that thing plays, it played "My Heart Will Go On." GAG!!!! We also went on the Gondola ride at the Venetian. It was romantic. It was relaxing to be sung to on the water.

Friday night we were all supposed to meet at Tangerine at Treasure Island, which was right near our hotel. So I dressed up and did my hair. So I get my new signature drink, a Midori Sour, and wait. We were late getting there, but it turns out my sister and everyone were running late. Then it turned out that they couldn't get in so they were going to another club. So, we got i a cab and headed for Rio, which is off the strip. When we got there DRAMA greeted us. Things were fine at first, we all went into the club. Of course Ryan's parents, and my mum didn't enjoy the music and were uncomfortable. Ryan wasn't feeling well so he wasn't all into it. Katrina and Jose got wasted and hooked up. My sister stormed out to the bathroom crying. I followed her. She said no one was having a good time and everyone was ruining her time. I tried to calm her down and we came up with a plan: the "adults" were going to go home since it wasn't really their thing, Ryan would go home since he wasn't feeling well and the rest of us would stay. So on our way back to the club, we ran into Ryan and I am not sure what happened, but somewhere in telling him the new plan Pru and him got into a fight and made an asshole comment about not making it to the wedding. So this upset Pru more and she headed back to the bathroom with me and Mum in tow. My sister goes on about how everyone is shitting on her night and on and on. My mum, not being very sympathetic or empathetic, begins to say "oh shut up" calls her a drama queen and to get over herself and on and on. Pru stormed off and Mum was going after her. I told her just to leave, but she didn't listen to me. When it was all resolved, Ryan, Marsh, Jose, Katrina, Pru and I headed to NYNY. The night ended abruptly.
The next day we headed up to Pru's hotel for the wedding. I was getting frustrated because I couldn't find the monorail. It was hot outside and we were running late. I was getting mad because of that and that Marsh was walking kind of slow and I felt like I was the only one trying to get us there. I got there finally and had 15 min to get dressed. I did it and put on make up in the car. Then came the part where I get bitchy.
I was the Maid of Honor. Well some chick named Melinda, whom I never heard of until the wedding, was the Matron of Honor. My sister asked if she would mind walking first so I could walk right before my sister. Melinda made the statement that she was older so she should be the one to walk infront of my sister. So I said I didn't care I would walk first, no worries. Melinda then gets on me like I am being difficult and says that it is my sister's day and shouldn't ruin it. I just ignored it from then. I was given the ring and as I was about to walk, the woman at teh chapel took the ring from me and gave it to Melinda to hold on to. SO basically I did NOTHING, even in the pictures I was not next to her. So yeah when I get married let's just say I will get my revenge, catty I know.
I'll write more up later of our last day and half in Vegas.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home