And Inspite of Every Turn.........

we'll be just fine, we'll be all right

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Growing old and growing up

So here I sit, 23 years old complete with apartment and employment. I looked at myself in the mirror today and actually felt my age, which is a rare feat. I feel old today, could it be the tea and facial mask?
I've been watching Sex and the City (not the lame TBS version either). Some of the topics sound like some of the conversations I had with some friends, particularly Elen and Justin. I don't have any close friends anymore, really, to discuss these things with. Holly and I do bring some things up, but it's kind of hard to talk about sex with someone who has not had sex. I suppose I need to make more friends, or keep some of the old ones (who have in return forgotten me as I have them). I think out of all the characters I identify most with Miranda. I am certainly not as pure and girly as Charlotte. Nor am I as slutty (but fab) like Samantha. While I do write and ponder like Carrie, I don't think I am quite her, as I lack the love of shoes.
I have, though become more girly. I can stomach clothing shopping. Not to long ago I dropped $300 in one trip. Shopping has become more enjoyable with Marsh. He finds things that look good on me and I always find things I like when I am with him. I remember shopping with my ex fiance, hated it. I always felt like a doll and he was playing dress up.
Being girly is an issue for me. I do not want to be a stereotypic shoe/purse loving woman always in heels and a skirt or dress with make up. I don't do much on make up and I am not good with heels. I've tried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home