And Inspite of Every Turn.........

we'll be just fine, we'll be all right

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Follow your heart

People say to follow your heart. Well, what is it that the heart is supposed to tell me? Even if my heart was speaking I wouldn't be able to hear it over the screaming in my brain. Maybe my heart has dulled over the years, maybe my heart has lost its voice or is afraid to speak.
"It doesn't have to be perfect like a movie scene, love is almost always accidental," Nate from Baumer sings. I don't agree. Ben Gibbard (Postal Service and DeathCab for Cutie) says it right in the song Clark Gable, "I've been waiting since birth to find a love that would look and sound like a movie... I want so badly to believe that there is truth that love is real, and I want life in every word to the extent that it's absurd."
That's me. I am always waiting for a movie scene moment. I'm waiting for the final scene when the truth comes out, the lead characters admit to being in love with each other (sometimes with a fantastic quarrel) and ends with a forced kiss that turns into a truly romantic kiss.
I sound sappy. I realize that is a side of me I don't normally show to people. What if people knew that I am not really a bitch?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home