And Inspite of Every Turn.........

we'll be just fine, we'll be all right

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Playing Nurse and Realizations

My weekend so far has been uneventful and unexciting. I am down in Columbia taking care of Marshall. He has had fever, chills and a bad cough. So I have been in charge of getting juice, making sure he eats and medicine. I hate it when people are sick. It's not that I hate taking care of them, it's that I feel so powerless to make them better. I'm the type of person to stay with someone when they are sick and do all I can for them. When Holly was sick at the retreat I stayed with her instead of doing the other activities. Somethings are more important. I am glad that since I have been here Marsh's fever has gone down.

I came to a realization about people and relationships. People don't lose touch if they really care about each other. I've lost touch with so many people in my life. Sometimes I miss these people, sometimes I am glad I am no longer connected. It's all two way though. The effort has to be made on both parties. I feel soemtimes I am the only one trying. I recently got back intouch with a good friend after a few months. I am very glad we re-established contact. She wa a good friend and collegue. Now we are back intouch and exchanging stories about work. We both lost touch with the other SpEds. I wonder if this was because the two of us were closer than the others or what. I suppose out of a group you only keep intouch with those closest to you. Just the same a lot of bridges have been burned and there is no rebuilding them. At least, not if you are the only one trying. I guess the point is to hang on to those dear to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home