And Inspite of Every Turn.........

we'll be just fine, we'll be all right

Saturday, December 25, 2004

So this is Christmas

Another year another boost to the economy with the most commercial holiday known to man. Am I complaining? I guess so. I haven't been a big fan of Christmas since my family moved from NH to AZ when I was 12. It just didn't seem like Christmas as I would swim outside instead of gathering around my grandmother and cousins.
This is my first Christmas away from my family. I got the presents in a box in the mail. I opened them that night. I got a pretty good stash. I tihnk the gifts I gave were pretty good ones too.
Christmas used to mean so much more when I was a kid. It was getting up as early as I could after a night of tossing and turning in excitement waiting for morning. My sister and I would run downstairs, we had to stay in the hallway, and call for my parents. We would all go into the livingroom and open gifts. After a big breakfast we would all get ready and head to my Gram's house. Everyone would be there. I'd play games with m cousins while the adults talked. We'd eat then go home.
This year I woke up at 1pm, had already opened all my presents, ate some cinnamon rolls and took a shower. With the rest of the day I might work on more lesson plans, but will most likely play Sims2.
Well I guess I better get started on slacking off. Who knows when I will be able to do so again (I'm thinking Spring Break.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home