And Inspite of Every Turn.........

we'll be just fine, we'll be all right

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Nightmares are reality

I closed my eyes to sleep. I settled into bed; bringing my knees to my chest and the covers to my shoulders. I heard breathing. He was breathing. I listened as closely as I could. I had to, I had to make sure he was breathing. I had to count the time, make sure it was right. I was waiting for small interruptions of inhalation. I couldn't handle it. I knew it would stop, I knew he would stop again.

I sat up in my bed covering my ears. I almost went into the hysterics of that night. I was crying and the only thing I could say was "he stopped, he just stopped." I'm haunted. I lost it a bit this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home